The Shores-Pointes Adventure Triathlon will be held Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 7 a.m. - 11 a.m. The events include an adventure triathlon with a 2.1 kayak, 11 bike and a 5k run. This race will be available to do as an individual or as a relay team. An individual duathlon will also be available.
When & Where
- Saturday, July 20, 2013 beginning at 7 a.m.
- Blossom Heath Park, 24800 E. Jefferson Ave., St. Clair Shores, Michigan
- Limited parking is available at the park with additional parking on the adjacent streets.
- Adventure Triathlon: 2.1 mile kayak, 11 mile bike and a 5k run. This race will be available to do as an individual or as a relay team.
- Duathlon: 5k run, 11 mile bike, 5k run
- Relay: The triathlon is open to participants as a relay team.
Registration & PricesThere is a limit of 300 triathlete participants (Includes individuals and relay teams).
- Triathlon: $65 - Before May 17, 2013. $75 - May 17-July 16, 2013. No race day registration.
- Triathlon Relay: $135 - Before May 17, 2013. $155 - May 17-July 16, 2013. No race day registration.
- Duathlon: $65 - Before May 17, 2013. $75 - May 17-July 16, 2013. No race day registration.
- Participants that register in advance will receive a T-shirt.
- All participants are required to have a USAT license. The one day license will be added to your on-line registration if you are not a member.
Packet Pick-up and Kayak Drop-off
Packet pick-up will be held at Blossom Heath Park on Friday, July 19, 2013 from 4 to 8 pm. Provisions will be made to drop off your kayak and bike at this time. All kayaks must be in place at this time.
Triathlon and Duathlon - All USAT rules will apply and your age category will be based upon your age as of 12/31/13. You must be present to receive your award. Awards will not be mailed.
- First Overall Male and Female
- Age Groups: 15-19,20-24,25-29,30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+
- First Overall to Triathlon Relay Team
The picturesque course begins on Lake St. Clair in Saint Clair Shores. The bike race is flat, fast and takes competitors down Lake Shore Drive. The route includes the beauty of the tree lined street that opens up to riding next to Lake St. Clair. This is the same view that was seen at the end of Clint Eastwood's movie, "Gran Torino" with the Grosse Pointe Yacht Club tower off in the distance. The 5K portion of the race goes through Walby Park and adjacent streets and back. Rules of the road will be followed through Grosse Pointe Shores and Grosse Pointe Farms for the bike race.
Kayaks of all types will be allowed in this race. You will have to provide your own equipment.
All triathlon competitors in this portion of the race must have close toed shoes, preferably water shoes. Anyone who does not have the appropriate footwear will be disqualified and not be permitted to participate in the race. A Coast Guard approved life jacket must be properly worn during the entire kayak portion of the race. Kayaks must be dropped off on Friday night during packet pick up unless other arrangements have been made with the event organizers. On race day all bikes must be set by 6:20 am.
Please visit our Information page for additional event documents.
Timing & Results
Timing and results will be provided by Race Services Company using ChronoTrack Systems. Results will be posted continuously during the event for review. Complete results will be posted promptly after the event on this website and www.raceservices.com.
If you or your organization would like to volunteer to assist with the Shores-Pointes Adventure Triathlon, please visit our volunteer registration page.